Saturday, March 30, 2013

First Quarter of 2013 - DONE!

I must be one of the worst bloggers ever. There was a time when I wrote habitually and I enjoyed it. That was a time when I didn't have many "real" people in my life. Most of the people I knew and could relate to were living in other places of the country or world and this was the best way to keep in touch.

A the current juncture in my life I still desire to keep in touch with and know what is going on with those same people, but having people in my life that are constantly at my disposal for face-to-face interaction makes it more difficult to sit down to write.

I think this is a good problem to have!

In my last post I wrote about the not-so-exciting year that I had in 2012. I am happy to report that 2013 has already seen more excitement and still holds more hope of good things to come. It has been a full first quarter of 2013 with a job promotion/raise/bonus for Zach in January, a trip to Indiana in February (My Nanny turned 89 and we got to visit for the celebration!), a new vehicle purchase in March (A 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee!), and a potential promotion for me in April (I am interviewing on Monday 4/1 for the Executive Assistant to the General Manager).

Besides these "little" things, life has just seemed rich and full of many mini-blessings. It has seemed pleasantly settled and non-drama filled. Yet, in juxtaposition to these things, it has also felt full of action and advancement.

At this exact moment I am trying to recover from 2 weeks of a terrible allergy attack brought on by the abundance of pollen that has descended upon us.  It is literally everywhere! Vehicles all over the city are coated with a yellow dust and our dog comes in from playing outside with the same yellow tint on her fur. It has been BAD. I'm so over feeling so cruddy because I can't sleep due to the incessant coughing. Thankfully I seem to be on the upswing and am returning to a more normal state of day-to-day life. Here's hoping and believing that the worst is far behind me!

Additionally, we are house and dog sitting for Z's parents this week and and the next. They took a trip to Costa Rica so we are living at their house (for the most part). It feels kind of like a vacation because I have escaped the messes of my own home for the time being. :) (How is it that no matter how much you clean you always feel like there is more to do???)

With all that said, I'm going to go find something cheesey and brainless to watch while Z is out running errands. I must take these times to do that which he would not enjoy doing with me. Until next time....which hopefully won't be so far into the future...Be well all! :)




1 comment:

Sarah Oyerinde said...

I enjoyed this update, Jenny. I'm glad that you have many people in your life that you can interact with face-to-face. That is a good thing, indeed.

So, did you get promoted? And the allergies are better by now?

I look forward to your next update!