Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quarter 2- Done! 2013 is Half Over!!!!

With this post we find ourselves closing out the second quarter of 2013. These last few months have been quite interesting and full of good things! Let me share....



I will begin with my job. The promotion I had applied for did not come to pass. Not because I wasn't going to be offered the job, but because the job itself dissolved. The downside to this is that I’m still a receptionist. The upside to this is that they have begun training me for other functions within the company! Thus far it is not an official job change, but I’m learning the logistics/supply chain side of things here. This is something that will give the possibility move into new roles here and to gain a new set of skills. It is also MUCH more appealing to me when I think about my career path as a whole. So, yay!


We have also had changes with the church group we lead. As of about a month and a half ago Z and I are “officially” the leaders of our IMPACT group. We were co-leaders but due to ongoing out-of-town commitments the other couple has stepped down. While this doesn’t change things a lot regarding our role with the group it also does changes things a lot! We’re excited about some of the new strategies and visions God has given us for where this group is headed. Our modest little group is growing and we are just clinging to the Lord for His guidance and direction for all of it.


In regards to our home, we are planning to start remodeling our house in a couple of weeks. We decided not to do a major remodel (I think!) but just to make our existing space more functional. I’m very happy about this but also dreading the mess of it all. I just try to keep my mind focused on the end result, knowing that it will yield a happier, more organized, and peaceful home!


Finally, and perhaps the most exciting piece of news, is that we are going to have a baby! Yes! Our Little family is growing! I am nearing the end of my first trimester with a due date of mid-January and, while we are really excited, I’m also really not enjoying the journey thus far. I am just being honest. I’m sick almost constantly, insanely tired, and so emotional I don’t even know myself most days! Much like the house, I keep my eyes on the end result and try not to be too whiney. (Key word = try.) All in all we are ecstatic and thrilled to no end about having our first child.


With all that said, right now we could certainly use your prayers. All is great and well, but there are A LOT of changes. With work, church, our home, and family…Yeah! I am doing my best to keep focused and to trust the Lord that it will all work out. Which, I know it will, but at times I get overwhelmed and also have a really hard time concentrating most days.


So, there you have it! Quarter 2 of 2013 – Done! I can’t wait to see what Quarter 3 has in store!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Oyerinde said...

I think a *squeeeeeeeeeal* is in order here!

Congratamalations on the coming little Little!