Friday, January 04, 2013

5 Somewhat Memorable Events of My Life in 2012

As 2012 came to a close I found it difficult to reflect on it in the same ways that I have as the years in the past came to an end. For whatever reasons there may be, 2012 seemed to be a year of a lot of less-than-remarkable occurrences that subsequently made the year drag on and on and on. There were many trials, but thankfully they were mini. Yes, many mini-trials! There were celebratory times, but nothing life altering.



In an effort to remember the year that came to a close and to be thankful for what I know the Lord did in our lives, despite how mundane it all seemed, I am making my FRIDAY FIVE about 5 SOMEWHAT MEMORABLE EVENTS OF MY LIFE IN 2012.

1. I completed my seasonal job at The Container Store (February). With this, I gained a new appreciation being able to sit at will during work, creative means to organizing one’s space, and having a two-income household.

2. We visited friends and family “Back Home”(April). It had been over a year since I had been home and it was a nice trip. Unfortunately, Zach battled vertigo the entire trip. We did get to see our friends in Ohio and meet their brand new baby, spend Easter with my family, and generally got to relax and enjoy time with “old” friends.

3. I completed a year at the Encourager School of Kingdom Ministry (May). I did not leave with a degree nor any type of certification. Not even a job opportunity came out of my time as a ministry student. I started the school solely out of obedience to the Lord and stuck it out only out of obedience to the Lord! It was a HUGE challenge for me! Even now I don’t know exactly why I was sent down this path, but I fully believe it was right where I was supposed to be. I did get the opportunity to read some incredible books, sit under the teaching of amazing men and women of God and, generally, had a unique opportunity to be refreshed and renewed by being in a God-centered environment day after day.

4. I began a new job (June). It is not at all what I thought I’d be doing at this point in my career, but I’m very thankful for this job and like it a lot. (See previous post.)

5. Took part in the Sharp-Kline Wedding (November). Yes! It finally happened! After three years of dating they got engaged in July and married in November. Zach and I were both in the wedding and helped in as many ways as we could. It was a fun time but also one that took up much of our life for those months of planning and preparation. We are so happy for them and so thrilled to have been a part of their since before they met, at the time of the meeting, through the trials and tribulations of dating and engagement, and into the bliss of marriage!

So there you have it! The seemingly unremarkable year of 2012! It wasn’t that great but it wasn’t so bad, either. I can’t complain and will choose to give thanks because I know that beyond what I see and feel, God is using ALL things (and years!) in our lives to transform us more into Christ’s image and to further His Kingdom here on earth.

Bring on 2013!!!!







Looking forward to 2013…however remarkable or unremarkable it may be!





No comments: