Just a quick update...
I decided to attend the ministry school on a full time basis. This means I spend Tuesday-Friday in worship and receiving awesome teaching from all sorts of crazy incredible people. We're only a couple of weeks into it but so far it's been great. I'm still not really sure why this is the path the Lord has sent me on but I have some ideas. I am sure by the end of the year I'll have a much clearer picture. For now I'm just trying to enjoy the journey and trust that there is a much bigger plan to all of this than I realize. Which I just know is almost always the the case with God!
Right now our church is hosting the Global Celebration conference. Last night Heidi Baker was with us and I now understand why so many people like her! It was a really special night. Today at the school Goergian Banov spoke. Now, I had never heard of him before this same conference last year but, apparently, in addition to teachings and CDs, he wrote some really popular Christian children's music. Have any of you ever heard of the song "Bullfrogs and Butterflies"? Z and my friends here remember it from their childhood and just looooved it! I hadn't.
One thing I've learned since moving here is that people who are "well-known...'famous'....popular" in the "Christian world" usually only are to a certain circle of people. So, when there are super "popular" people coming through our church, I never know if it is just in our kooky circle or if they are known by others! Not that it matters, it is just funny how some people talk about speakers in a way that they assume everyone MUST know who they are. When the majority of people really have no clue! I for one actually don't like this. Now, I know it seems as if I just did the same in the previous paragraph but that wasn't my intention. I really was just relaying my recent experiences. And because as I blog in the upcoming months I will probably include names of the speakers who come to our church and classes in a way that I assume everyone knows who they are. So, just a heads up!
That is all. I have some reading for class now! :)
1 comment:
I've heard the song "bullfrogs and butterflies" - heard it as a kid - and I even sing it sometimes to my own kiddos, but I didn't know who it was written by.
Blessings in abundance to you as you learn, learn, learn!
Post a Comment