Friday, August 26, 2011

Praying for Directions for Our Next Season

So, here's another update and prayer request....I'll be as short as Jenny-ily possible...

Our church, Encourager Church, started a "school" last year. It is called Encourager School of Kingdom Ministry. Several of my friends participated last year and it was a great experience for them. Zach and I really had no interest. We supported it and backed it as a ministry of our body, but it wasn't for us.

However, in May, when I decided to resign from my job I really felt the Lord telling me to do the school this year. NOT my idea of what I'd like to do with this next phase of my life. So, I didn't tell Zach and kept trying to ignore God. Welllllll.....you can only imagine how well that went!

So, fast forward to 2 weeks ago. All of the "God if you really want me to do this, then you will ___________________" moments came to pass (almost too eerily!) and I finally told Zach. Through tears I explained why I hadn't told him, why I was scared to do the school, why I flat out didn't want to do it, and then even why I thought I should. So began our intense time of prayer regarding all of this. Which is where we still are at this time: praying intensely.

I still haven't finished my application/been accepted but I don't foresee that as an issue. The part that is tricky for us is the financial aspect of it. We are quite blessed right now and we could manage in our current situation but efforts to save for our future, bless others, and splurge from time-to-time would be greatly hindered, if not non-existent. Things would get pretty tight pretty quickly. So we are praying for God's perfect plan.

I'm not going to try to write out all of the options because it would take too long (I know this because I tried and it was just too much!) but it really comes down to Zach needing a better job and/or me finding the perfect part-time job so I can go to full-time school or just continuing in the path of finding full-time employment but then doing the night school. Either way, we both need new jobs! (Zach's is more an issue of he just needs a new job that stretches him and utilizes his strengths but more money wouldn't be bad either because it would lessen the need for me to get a really good job at this time.)

So, anyway, it's an odd time for us. All is good and all is well, but it is a new season and we are quite interested to see how the Lord works it all out. I keep saying...and fully believe....that I am not worried about how it is going to work out, I know God has it under control, I'm just really interested to see HOW He puts it all together.

So, your prayers are GREATLY appreciated! (Sorry this isn't short, but is it ever really short with me???)

No comments: