Ah yes, me and my titles. I can't help but try to find some cheesey spin on what I'm writing....
Anyway....
I have realized that being married is a lot less expensive than being single. In less than 3 months of marriage I've paid off my largest credit card debt (which I hate that I ever let happen!) and the rest will be taken care of within the next 2 months, I saw my health insurance rate drop by almost half, car insurance drop by almost $200 a month (which is absolutely amazing because I had 2 accidents within 2 months less than 2 years ago but the married rate, moving, and being the second vehicle have made a HUGE difference!), we don't eat out as much because we live together and don't have to meet up at other places, and our living expenses are combined. I love it!
Now, if you ask Zach he's not as excited about our finaces because more of my expenses come from him paycheck now (i.e. health insurance, car insurance) so it kind of feels like the opposite for him, but I look at our overall income and feel good about where we are and where we're headed. The wedding was insanely expensive (yet still cheap compared to all the others I have been to here in Houston) and it's taking some time to recover. Not that we went into debt for it...we were in total agreement that we would not do that and we didn't....but building savings back up will take some time.
With all that said. I am so incredibly thankful to the Lord for having a husband who is a great provider and is good with finances. It's really hard not to be overwhelmed by His faithfulness and ability to blow my mind with how He can answer prayers so far above what we ever even know to ask for.
Thank you, Lord, for my Zach. He is your greatest blessing to me ever. :)
1 comment:
so glad your blog is up and running again! and so happy for you and your many blessings.
Post a Comment