Lately I have been overly jovial. I can't really say why. Okay, so I could say why but won't on my blog since that has gotten me into some trouble in the past. :) With that said....it's good when I'm in a good mood because it really does alter the atmosphere of my classroom. Today has been a very good. My kids are actually amusing me rather than annoying me. That's a good sign! So, here are two little things that happened that made me laugh. Just remember that they are "you had to be there" moments.
The first was about half of the way through my 1st period. As I was talking up at the front I was scanning the room...you know, making eye contact with all the quandrants of the room and all that jazz...when I looked just in time to see one of the girl's gum fall out of her mouth and right down into her shirt. I couldn't help but bust out laughing. She looked up at me with huge eyes and mouth gaping open and then just started to laugh, too. It was hilarious! She was quickly excused to rememdy the issue. Too funny!
Then, in 2nd period, I have a student who is a notorious talker and distracter to himself and others. At one point, during group work, I called him to my desk to have a little chat with him. He knew he was in trouble because the first thing out of his mouth was, "Miss, I really like your hair today." To which I said, "No you don't. You're just sucking up." His response was, "Yeah, I am. But it does look a lot better than how you used to wear it." Ha! I was cracking up (on the inside). The honesty of kids never ceases to amaze and amuse me!
Truly you "had to be there" for these but they still brightened my day.
Oh, and can I just say....Life is still GOOD!!! :)
1 comment:
Yay! And I know I need to call you, but bad cell service at home makes it tricky since I'm spending so much time there these days.
Post a Comment