Friday, February 12, 2010

Wating for "The Text"

It is a Thursday night. I should be in bed. I never get to bed early these days. At least not early enough. Although, I should be in bed before midnight tonight which is considered early these days. I am just writing until I get the text that Z made it home and is all safe and sound. Then I'm off to snuggle into my warm bed for over 6 hours of sleep. It's a rainy, cold night so both the text and the thoughts of bed bring comfort to me at this moment.

As I wait I am also trying to figure out what to take to our Impact group for the meal tomorrow. Pizza is the easiest by I hate doing it too often. Only once every other week or so is okay. I just don't have time to make anything this week and our budget is too small for much of anything else. So, we'll see. The wheels are turning and something should come to me by tomorrow afternoon.

Today I went and paid for my 3 months of personal training. I am ever-so-excited about this. My progress has been steady but somewhat slow thus far. Having a new hip really makes it easier to exercise...A LOT easier...but I'm still intimidated by many activities that involve weight bearing or stretching. Having a "coach" seems to ease my mind. Plus, his background is in rehab therapy. I'm pretty jazzed about it. I hope to make enough progress and learn enough about how to do what I need that I can take over for myself after the 3 months are over. I am praying about it a lot. God seems to be answering my prayers already far beyond what I even know to ask for.

Still waiting on his text....

So...at work....hm...I still really like my job and do my very best not to get overwhelmed by all of the responsibilities that seem to never end. Even with everything I have yet to get finished I have taken on tutoring one of the Science Olympiad students in anatomy and physiology. I'm loving it! Even staying the extra hour or so after school isn't that big of a deal becuase she is so eager to learn and asks such good questions. I'm really praying she does well on Saturday so that she can advance to the state competition. Even if that does mean more late nights at work helping her prep. It is worth it. I know she is working hard and really appreciates the assistance.

Still waiting...dude, we need to live a lot closer to each other...

I am also excited about Valentine's Day this year. I've never been in a relationship during this normally dreaded day of the year that I have always mocked while inwardly desiring to celebrate it. Z and I are going out and are even getting all dressed up snazzy and jazzy for the occassion. I know, it's kind of silly to be so childishly excited about such a thing but I am. I bought a new dress and am going accessory shopping on Saturday with Paigey. What a fun girl's day it will be!

Man! I am STILL waiting on that text! On a night like tonight I really want to make sure he made it home....

I suppose I should at least go get ready for bed. I can receive the text just as easily in my bed as I can on the couch. Have a great weekend everyone. Hopefully I will get around to blogging again soon!

Oh! There's the text! Now I can go to bed and with the assurance that all is well!

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

*squeal* your first Valentine's Day! I love it! I'm so glad y'all are going to make it fancy, too! *sigh* that's so great!

how far away does Z liv? (how long does it take to drive?)

Have a LOVELY Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky Durham said...

You.
Blogged.
I.
Love.
It!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your Valentine.