I went to the doctor on Friday. He was pleased overall. I am getting more flexible and making improvements. Best of all, lately I've just had a "shift" and now feel like I'm ready to really start getting the most out of this new hip. This comes after about 2 weeks of being in a lot of "achey pain" from school starting. Now I feel settled into my own body again and am ready to start pushing it. Yesterday I took an hour long walk. For most of you all that is not a big deal. For me it is a huge deal. It has been so many years since I could do anything like that. Especially without any sort of drugs. It was really nice. I actually quit more because I was bored than because of the slight pain I was feeling. Loving the new hip so far!
Today I got off work and came home and rode my bike for a while and then tried my hand at Pilates. Yikes! I have a long way to go before I'm anywhere near "good" at such. However, my doctor scolded me for not riding the last couple of weeks so I got my bike to the new apartment finally and plan to get lots of use out of it. The Pilates was his suggestion for increasing my strength and flexibility. So, I'm working on it. He said it could honestly take up to a year to get to where I can really feel "normal" and be able to do things like tie my shoe again. A YEAR! Oh well, at least I have people who are here for me and it gives me something to push me forward.
Right now it is a beautiful day here in Houston, TX. Just around 84, low humidity, and super sunshiney. I am going to go meet up with Z for a walk soon. I so love being outdoors! And having the company will surely help to keep me from getting too bored.
So, I'm off to go get changed and head out the door. I just hope R gets home soon to help me tie my shoes. Oh, the simple things....some day, my friends, some day. I WILL TIE MY SHOES AGAIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment