This will not seem like big news to anyone but to me it is. So, here goes....
Last night I was able to shave my legs for the first time since the surgery!!! Okay, let me rephrase that. It's not the first time...that would be oh-so-disgusting! No, it was just the first time I could get to the lower part of both my legs without the aid of the tool they gave me to do such. (It is a tool that velcros the razor on it so that you can reach farther.) I was elated! You have absolutely no idea what it is like to delight in such things until you just can't do them anymore, ya know? I know the day when I can first tie my shoe again will be a celebratory day beyond most other days of my life thus far.
I go back to the doctor on Friday. I'd love to do PT but I just can't afford it. So, I'm just praying that God will lead me in how to stretch and push myself. I'm ready to start exercising in a more focused ways now. I'm anxious to start moving forward in a more direction way.
For now I shall continue to rejoice in the small victories! Yay for smooth legs!!! :)
2 comments:
That really is fantastic, and I rejoice with you!
I also enjoyed the sense of nostalgia I was touched with when I read the very Jennyesquely dramatic sentence: "I know the day when I can first tie my shoe again will be a celebratory day beyond most other days of my life thus far," because I know that despite being dramatic, you really mean it!
Hooray and thank goodness!
I don't think I'd like to velcro my razor to anything to use it.
Post a Comment