Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Week

It has been an amusing week for me. As I shared earlier, it began with the fun-filled walking adventure on Monday evening. Yes, I still chuckle to myself as I think back on it. Here are my other humorous moments....

On Wednesday I came home and was resting just a bit before I was going to go exercise. As I was lying there I heard this trickling sound that quickly turned to a gushing sound. My toilet was gushing water all over the floor! After trying to turn the water off and failing I took the top off of the back. I can only liken what happened next to a scene out of a TV sitcom. One of the parts popped off and water was spewing into the air like Old Faithful. I was trying to stick my finger into the tube with no luck. All the while trying to call the apartment office, soak up water, think of a temporary solution, and pray! It was HILARIOUS! I wish I had had someone with me because it would have made for a great "Remeber when...." story.

Thursday also brought some laughs to me. As most of you know I am big fan of winning things. Yeah, I know. Who isn't? But it still strikes me as funny that I so frequently win things from call in contests, drawings, and lottery-type situations. So, yes, yesterday I was driving home and they were giving away tickets to see David Crowder if you were the correct caller and would tell a story about how great your church is. So, I dialed. They answered. I shared my story. I won! Too, too funny! I really believe the Lord chuckles with me over such things.

Finally, I just have to share that I amuse myself because I have a really bad texting habit. If I am texting someone about someone else I almost always accidently send it to the person I'm texting about rather than the person I wish to send it to. Thankfully this hasn't yet got me into a lot of trouble but it does amuse me. Last night I was sending Z a message asking him if he'd talked to P. Only, instead, I sent the message to P asking if he'd talked to himself. Yes, not too funny to you all in the blogosphere, but to me it was hilarious. Mostly becasause I do it ALL THE TIME!

Oh! And for those who can recall my other bad habit of spitting out liquids when someone makes me laugh...yeah...I've been doing that way too much lately. I'm not sure if I'm more embarassed or concerned that I'm going to choke to death in the process! it's pathetic, I tell ya. I blame P for the latest mishap of spewing water all over myself at Olive Garden on Wednesday. And thank Z for demonstrating his greater concern of getting the water spit on him than about my potential choking.

Oh! (again!) Yeah, that same night we were in the parking lot talking when a I noticed R quickly walking away from me in a somewhat terrified state. Turns out I had a cricket on my neck. Rather than telling me or, heaven forbid, swatting it off, she ran away in terror! What is up with that??? It's almost as bad as the time we were standing outside another place and a giant tree roach landed on my neck and no one really did anything. Such great friends I have! ;)

I believe that concludes my list of "funny things as seen through the eyes of Henny" for this week. Time for my last class of the day....of the week! Yay!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL! O man!!! I think that is the funniest stuff I have read/heard in a long time!! Thanks for the laugh!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Tooooooooooo funny!