With a day off of work and a computer that is mysteriously working well for the first time in months, I have decided that today is THE day to update my blog. Only, what does one say when they have been on hiatus for over a month? With the only reason being that they started a new job and were moving? Yes, there have been lots of “mini-sodes” of “pseudo-interesting” things happen in my life during this time but with time they seem even more pointless to record for the entire world to potentially read than they would have at the time of their occurrences. That being said, I’ll just stick to an update on my job and moving situations.
I did start at a new school this year. It is 7th grade science at Hopper Middle School. I have to say that I LOVE my new job! I have never enjoyed teaching as much as I have these past 2 weeks. It just feels like everything has finally gelled. I like my co-workers, enjoy the students, am content with the curriculum, and just enjoy the atmosphere of the school overall. Best of all, my hip doesn’t bother me but maybe 1/26 of what it used to. My overall body aches a lot still due to the readjustments of the new hip, but I feel rather confident that they will work themselves out. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
Also, I got moved! Yay! I finally have my own place again. No more living in other people’s homes and feeling like a constant guest. But, for some of you this bit of info will be the shocker…I have a roommate! Yes, after 7 years of living alone and loving it the Lord led me to get a roommate. So, I am now sharing a rather spacious 2 bedroom apartment with my friend Rebecca. We are still working on the unpacking and organizing but it is coming together. So far it is going well. (Pause: I must take a moment to thank my friends, once again, for making this move possible. Paul, Dan, Zach and Rebecca did 99% of the moving for me/us. With me having started back to work and still not being able to lift heavy things and especially not being able to take them up stairs there is absolutely no way I’d have been able to do any of this without them. So, THANK YOU GUYS…and GAL!!!!)
Other than that, I would like to share one more thing. Back at the start of August we had a youth conference at our church. It was interesting and, if nothing else, a focused time of seeking the Lord. From that I felt the Lord leading me to a time of “getting away with Him”. This hasn’t changed my schedule so much as it has my focus. For this time I’m seeking to know Him in a more intimate way. Especially as the person of Jesus. In the meantime, I have put the focus of other relationships to the side so that God can complete a work in me that I believe must be finished…or at least moreso than it was…before I can move forward “successfully” in other types of relationships. It has been a really awesome time of getting to know Jesus! His character, his life, his heart, his passions! Plus, it has helped me to better understand relationships because I am seeing more of how He, God as a human interacting with other humans, handled situations. It’s very enlightening and I look so forward to our time together each day. It’s great!
I suppose that is all for this update. Maybe I’ll find my camera soon and I’ll do like all of you and try to post pictures again. I know they are more entertaining than 10 page explanations of one’s life. Until then this will just have to do.
Happy Labor Day!
1 comment:
I like it when you update your blog...even though I already knew all of this!
Glad you're settling in and glad you love your new teaching gig. And glad for all the stuff God is doing in you and around you!
Post a Comment