For all of you that I've not had a chance to talk to....
I went to the hip surgeon/specialist on Friday afternoon. I went in with little feeling one way or another about how I thought it would go. All I knew to do at that point was pray, ask others to pray, and to keep focused on Jesus Christ as my one and only hope. Despite what that dr. told me I was determined to keep rejoicing only in Him.
Well, when the doctor came in and finally started talking to me I first thought it was going to be bad news. Then, it quickly turned around and he gave me the best news of my life. Honestly. It was definitely the greatest news I have EVER been given. You can't even imagine how great it was!!!
The news?
He will replace my hip! And with the newest technologies of just the past 2 years I am expected to get 20-30 years out of my new hip...AT LEAST! What a contrast to "10-15 years AT MOST!"
He was just such a good-answer-to-prayers doctor. Nice, compassionate, funny, knowledgeable, experienced...all you could ask for in a doctor. He gave me a lot of resources to check into leading up to the surgery and answered my questions so clearly and perfectly. It was the best doctor visit of my life.
So, when is the surgery?
As of now it is June 15th.
I am still praying a lot about the logistics of care after the surgery and how it will all go down. Please, please, please keep praying. The journey has just begun and there is a lot to figure out yet. I know it will work out perfectly but I just need God's guidance every step of the way.
I can't believe that,if all goes as is currently scheduled, I will be healthy in about 4 months! WOW! After 20 years of this I only have about 4 months left to suffer with it.
Gotta go to class now but I'm sure I'll be updating constantly!
Thanks!
2 comments:
What marvelous news, and what a testimony to God's ability to answer prayer. I am happy for you.
the BEST news :) It's only beginning!
Post a Comment