Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a Storm!

I woke up so late today and was so freaking out about it. It is the first day of TAKS testing and I was going to be late. Very much a bad thing! Worst of all, I hadn't slept much at all due to the weather we had last night. It was SO loud! I actually woke up to my dream about my sister being at her friend's house and I was looking for something to eat and all they had was junk food and I just didn't want any of them. Anyway, in the dream I realized I was late for school and started rushing around. My sister's boyfriend was giving me a lecture on how I needed to get my brother's help to get there on time and that he is my brother and I need to be able to rely on him. So, anyway, I woke up with such a start that I rushed to the bathroom, showered, put on my make-up and then, finally, flipped on the TV. I didn't have my glasses on but I thought I could squint out the words scrolling along the bottom of the screen...."Katy ISD on 2 hour Delay...Spring Branch ISD CLOSED....Alief ISD CLOSED..........and.........and........CY-Fair ISD CLOSED"!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!! Of all the days to have school off unexpectedly today is perfect! I am tired and was going to be late and just didn't know what I was going to wear! Only, it is quite flooded out there and there are some dangerous situations so I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. Well, I'm going to be off to bed again. :) Have a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So odd. You have two hour delays for floods and hurricanes instead of snow. Odd, odd, odd.