Tuesday, February 03, 2009

On My Merry Ole Blogging Way

It is Tuesday. I am supposed to be grading papers to return to students in less than a 1/2 hour. Instead, I am blogging. What's up with that? Do I really have such a disinterest in my job that this is what I've resorted to? I guess so because I'm going to continue on my merry ole blogging way....

I have been in sort of a daze lately. I'm not entirely sure why. I think the Lord is refocusing me but in a strange way. As if all the things that have consumed me for, oh, 9 months, or something like that, are fading away. Yet, as they fade there doesn't seem to be anything replacing them. I am hoping He is allowing this to happen so that there is a void that will then be filled. I hope. Otherwise my existence seems kind of shallow and empty.

Although...

He has been moving me into great new areas of being able to trust. Speaking to me largely on the topics of submission and hope. Both things I thought I had a pretty firm grasp on previously but that I've recently learned I was totally clueless about. Areas where being transformed by the renewing of my mind has changed my worldview and relationship with God dramatically. Pretty cool stuff.

Oh! And this past Saturday Rebecca, Zach, and Paul came over and we prayed! Oh how wonderful it was! I was rather melancholy all day Saturday but asked them to come over to pray. Mostly I wanted to pray for Sunday's service and just whatever else the Lord placed on our hearts. It turned out to be so delightful! I miss such prayer meetings and often get lost in nostalgia thinking of my the Olive St. prayer days. Ah, yes, those are still some of my fondest memories. I am forever grateful for the Godly friendships the Lord has given me over the years that have helped me to have a continued passion for the things of God. Such a blessing.

Okay, okay, it's time. Time to do some work at work.

No comments: