Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Not Working

I should, no doubt, be doing work right now. Even so, I am blogging because it has been a bit since I've done so. Plus, the computers here at work allow me to type with speed and ease. This is in much contrast to my situation at home currently. I can hardly get online without that darned thing freezing up or causing my typing to be slow and disjointed. Oh! And forget about watching a video! It just isn't going to happen without several restarts of the computer. So, I will take a short break to catch you up on my ever-so-exhilirating life.

I went home for the holiday. I had a nice time. It was restful and, if nothing else, revelatory. Plus, I got to add new stories to my list of silly things that only Jenny would do. Like, leaving my debit card in Texas, deleting all of my pictures from my camera, and leaving my computer in Indiana upon leaving. God bless my little pea-pickin' soul! Overall, it was just nice to visit with family and friends and, most of all, to not have to work.

I shall also say that I continue to love Houston. I am not so sure why I love it here but I certainly do. Being back here just makes me happy...content...settled...comfy...secure. I feel this year will result in some major changes and they are S-C-A-R-Y things but I'm pretty pumped about them. I suppose most of it boils down to changing careers. Which I have no idea what that means yet but I am pretty darn sure this is my last year of teaching. That also means I'm moving. Just somewhere in Houston but a move is still a big deal. And who knows what else will transpire in the next 12 months? I am choosing to be optimistic, though. Last year turned out to be a little rougher than I had anticipated. All for the good of things, I think. At least I hope.

Ummm...there is always some stuff going on that I'd love to share on here but don't feel I can. Perhaps I need to do some emailing. In good time I suppose I will.

Well, I think I should get to some work now. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

my curiosity is most certainly piqued!

Becky Durham said...

mine too :)

Have a fantastic day!