Sunday, October 26, 2008

Never Enough Time Off

Is it sad that I measure my work life by the length of time between days off? I'm not talking weekend to weekend days off. I mean, mid-week "vacations". Our last day off was October 13th. Now I'm having to go TWO FULL WEEKS until I get another day off!

I am writing this because I find it amusing. I think it's only in teaching that you do get so many days off. Which makes it difficult to withstand too many full weeks in a row. For example, this fall semester the most I'll have to do without a day off is 2 weeks. However, in the spring (due to Hurricane Ike make-up days) we will have to go 7 weeks! I'm already stressing over that! Actually, if truth be told, I'm not stressing so much as I am planning. Planning which days I will be using personal days.

Well, anyway, given that every night and weekend I have hours of additional work to complete and never seem to finished with my work from September through June, I don't feel too badly about needing these days off.

Now, I am finished writing a pointless blog that was written for the sole purpose of putting off the hours of work I have yet to do this afternoon. *sigh* Have a good afternoon!

No comments: