Sunday, August 03, 2008

I Just Can't Believe It Could Get Any Better Than This

I just wanted to give a praise report. As many of you know I attend a wonderful church here in Houston. It is called Encourager Church. I have been blessed over and over again through my fellowship in this family of believers. (I actually became an official member today, too!) It is the largest church I've ever really been a part of and yet I don't ever feel like I'm just lost in the crowd. What is amazing to me is how I found the church and how I got connected. (Which I've shared in previous posts so I will skip that story.) What is even more amazing than that is how the Lord seems to continue to add to the number of "young adults" we fellowship with. I am constantly blown away at the very cool and diverse group of individuals the Lord brings into the mix. There is such a diversity in our group and yet a homogeneous aspect, as well. It is very cool!

When I say "our group" I am referring to the "young adults" group known as Impact. We have a good mix of guys and girls, a decent age variation, various educational levels, are at different stages in our walks of faith, and our occupations range significantly. Yet, I believe these differences are what keep things interesting and what allows the conversation to never lull. (Or at least not for very long!) But it is the fact that all of these awesome people love Jesus and have a true desire to pursue Him and the plans He has for us to further His Kingdom that unites us and makes me thank God for each of them daily. I am so incredibly blessed! So, so, SO INCREDIBLY blessed!

What blesses me the most is that with the addition of each new individual there seems to be a common comment that is made by each. That being that everyone expresses just how open and accepting everyone is to them when they first join us. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God is using our group to help bring freedom to many people simply because we are being encouraged in who we are and for what wonderful gifts and abilities we have been given. But even with all our struggles, issues, and not-so-perfect pasts it is my forever hope that everyone always feel accepted, welcomed, and loved.

I could never have guessed a year ago that I'd have met so many absolutely wonderful people. It really blows my mind! I've always been blessed with fantastic friends and almost can't believe that God seems to have gone above and beyond this time. I am just very, very thankful for all of these new people God has given me. And to think that I still have all of y'all, too! Could a person really be any more blessed in the friend department? I'd certainly have to argue with you if you said anything other than, "No!"

No comments: