Last night I went to church. I was so incredibly tired when I went but was also determined to draw close to God in whatever way He desired. Man! I had a blast! Wednesdays are my favorite church night because you just never know what's going to happen. It's such a spiritual adventure! There are fewer people so it's possible to "flow" a bit more. Plus we pray a lot. I just love it!
Last night I was writing some things down that the Spirit was speaking to me and I flipped past some things in my notebook that I had written when I was at IHOP in December. Specifically, I came across something I had scribbled that read, "Given to me by the lady w/ the baby: SOS 2:14."
At the time I remember being so blessed because of what the Lord has spoken to me personally just before that. So that verse was just so precious and timely. However, I guess when she gave it to me I didn't take the time to read any of the surrounding verses. Or if I did, they didn't speak to me nearly as much as they did when I decided to look over them last night. I read Song of Solomon 2:10-14 and was just wham-blasted by the Holy Spirit! For those of you who don't have all of SOS memorized, here are the verses:
Arise, my darling.
Come away, my beautiful one.
For now the winter is past;
the rain has ended and gone away.
The blossoms appear in the countryside.
The time of singing has come,
and the turtledove's cooing is heard in our land.
The fig tree ripens its figs;
the blossoming vines give off their fragrance.
Arise, my darling.
Come away, my beautiful one.
My dove, in the clefts of the rock,
in the crevices of the cliff,
let me see your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.
THAT is what the Lord spoke to me last night! Is that not THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING to have the Lord speak to your heart! (Or maybe just mine in that moment! But it's still pretty amazing!)
Here's the thing......I have been here a solid year now and as I stated in a previous post, it has been a good yet rather uneventful year. Partially because I've been recuperating and have kind of been shell-shocked. Being able to believe that the constant fighting is over (if only for a season) has been hard to accept and walk out. But when I read this last night it was like the Lord was really just confirming that IT IS OVER! A new day has dawned! A beautiful new season is here! One in which He is calling me to come closer and closer and to fall more deeply and madly in love with Him.
What an awesome invitation!
In so many ways that I can't even blog about because it is stuff that is too deep in my heart to write about, that is the very thing I've longed for and prayed for above all other things during those years of trial and even more so in the past couple of months. To just be able to feel lovely in His sight and to feel close to Him like in times past. All the things He gives are great and so appreciated. But it is HIM that my heart most longs for. Sometimes it is just all too easy to forget that WE are what He most longs for, too.
I feel so incredibly loved and embraced by the Holy Spirit at this very moment.
HE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! SO PURE! SO AMAZING! SO FULL OF GRACE! SO...SO...SO EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD!
I just had to share. :)
2 comments:
WOW!! I couldn't be happier for you! I want to encourage you to KEEP believing God for the BEST! I'm reminded of Psalm 1 where it says "whose leaf shall not wither." To me, that means we don't have to go through the winter season...or dare I say it be very short! ;) Just think of the awesome things that God has for you once the season of rest is over. Get ready!
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, i just love that!
Post a Comment