Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dr. Visit

I'm going to the dr. to see about my hip today (Tuesday). I appreciate your prayers as I seek wisdom and advice about this. I've never been given good news when I go so I'm quite apprehensive about going, but I'm in very bad pain constantly so I need to go. I'm still believing and praying for God to intervene and bring complete restoration to my body. Thankfully, I have an amazing support group here that is constantly petitioning for me before the throne of God for my healing. It's been extremely encouraging and helped me to have a faith like I've not had before. Still, the pain persists and if God doesn't heal me before 1:30 this afternoon, I'm going to have to seek the help of this physician. It is my hope that this dr. will at the very least be able to give me some good counsel on what to do and how to do what he asks of me...unlike every other dr. in the past who has just said to do this, this, and that then come back to see me. I just need someone who can help me reach the goals they set for me rather than just set them. I usually leave these dr. visits depressed and discouraged, so I'm praying for God to guard my emotions and to help me keep my focus on Him and His promises for my health and healing and not on what a dr. has to say. It is also my prayer that this dr. will be a "good" one and that I won't have to continue to search, which will get quite expensive very quickly.

Thanks, as always, for your prayers.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

When I got out of the hospital I had a horrible pain in my right leg for about a week. I thought it would be with me the rest of my life. During that time I was thinking about you and your hip. I could sympathize a little more because I myself was in pain. It was hard to do anything. I am praying for you and hope someday you will be the gymnastic star you always wanted to be. ;}

Hennyfair said...

ha-ha! that made me laugh! thanks for your prayers. just don't be disappointed if the lord doesn't answer the gymnastics star prayer! lol i'd be happy to dance before the lord w/ out all the flips! :)