For all those who know me well at all, you know that I love, love, love to intercede and pray for others. It's for real one of my favorite things to do. There's just something so precious to me about the way the Lord speaks to me in those times. I can't so much explain what it is that happens or what it's like to be in my head in those times, but when I'm interceding like that I KNOW that I'm at the foot of the throne of the Most High. I KNOW when I'm praying His heart and I COMPLETELY believe with no doubt about what He wills to accomplish in that person's life. It's just mega-cool. I love it! It's a very special gift the Lord has given me. (By that I mean, to me, it's like the most precious gift He's given to me thus I cherish it immensely.)
Well, tonight I had a super cool experience in prayer. The reason it was so cool is that the Lord allowed ME to pray like that for ME! I'm not sure if that's intercession, but it was pretty darn amazing and intense. Now, what was so ULTRA cool about that is that I then began to read my Bible (the book of John) and was reading about Jesus' last days before His death and resurrection and some things just POPPED off the pages at me. (Don't ya just love when that happens?!?!) What hit me SO hard was how many times Jesus was saying that whatever we ask for in His name will be done! I've always loved such verses throughout the Bible, but just seeing Jesus say it over and over just bombarded me!
Then, GET THIS, I totally never realized how AMAZING the prayers Jesus' prayed in John 17 are. I was especially overtaken by His prayers for you and me in v. 20-26. I mean....WOW! I had always heard that Jesus was thinkin' of you and me when He was walking the earth and died for the sins of the world, but somehow reading that prayer just made me realize how FOR US He really is. Especially after having read what He prayed for himself in earlier versus. I mean, thousands of years ago JESUS PRAYED FOR US knowing that some day we would be the believers on this earth that would serve to glorify His name in all the earth! YOU and ME! WOW!
So, yeah, so like, just how I am blessed by the intensity of the prayers the Lord allows me to pray, I am now overwhelmed because I KNOW that Jesus' prayers for us are all the more intense and all the more pure and, just as He promised about our prayers, HIS WILL BE ANSWERED! Even now the work that the Holy Spirit does in us is a direct answer to the prayers Jesus has prayed for us. Isn't that groovy????
I'm so infatuated with Jesus right this moment! He's so cool! He's the ultimate intercessor! Man, I love that man!
2 comments:
I know kinda what you mean. I know that there are experiences we have with the Lord that can't be explained. When He speaks to us in powerful, deep ways. I try to explain my quiet times with the Lord to others and just end up feeling like others don't understand. I usually feel this excitement and intimacy in times of prayer as well. I love John 17 as well. It is one of my favortie prayers in the Bible because Jesus prayed it right before the cross. It must have been intense. I LOVE PRAYER!!!
Your blog hates me. I've been trying to comment you for three days it wouldn't let me :(
Bad blog.
But I loved this entry! And it reminded me of that Good Friday breakfast sophomore year of college (before the Elvis trip) where we read from John 16-17 and talked about "whatever we ask for in His name."
:) Jesus loves YOU!
Post a Comment