Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2-Alarm Enlightenment

So, I was watching the news tonight. They were talking about a "2-alarm fire". I had never thought about this terminology before. I'd heard of 2, 3, 4-alarm fires and always just knew that the higher the number the more severe. Never thought much else about it, ya know? But then tonight the news chica said something along the lines of, "Yes, it is a 2-alarm fire, so there are two stations working on it." Thus leading me to my "A-HA!" moment of the day! LOL I know, this is really, really basic stuff here, but you know how it is when you've heard something your entire life and just never even thought about it until you suddenly DO think about it and realize it means something so much more than you ever thought? For me it's right along the lines of having sung a song your entire life only to find out YEARS later that you were saying the wrong words all along and when you find out what the real lyrics are it totally makes the song make sense like never before? Anyway....it was an enlightening moment for me. :)

3 comments:

Tamara said...

You are so delightful. Your little thoughts never fail to amuse me. This paragraph had me chuckling.

Becky Durham said...

Yes, I've had moments exactly like this :)

Anonymous said...

I learned something new too! I never knew what it was either...thanks for the enlightenment...it has reached yet another person....ME!