Another week is over! That means only 1 full week until SPRING BREAK! Woo-hoo! This week sped by due to an all day teacher meeting on Tuesday, the students doing state testing all day on Wednesday, and today being our test over plants. Breaking up the normal routine really makes the days fly by more quickly.
The very sad news is that I just found out I incorrectly informed my students about tap roots and fibrous roots and which types of plants they are typically found in. *sigh* Only, no one called me out on it until right before my last class. So, I had no chance to correct it. I felt like my 6th period was going to rise up with torches and pitchforks over it, however. So I'm feeling pretty crappy about myself as a teacher at this moment. (Which is why I'm blogging....it's my therapy!)
I hope this weekend will bring about a cleaner apartment, a cleaner car, and more focus about the things I strongly the believe the Lord is speaking to me about at this juncture in my life. It is my desire to get many things organized and ready for the upcoming break so that I can just use that time to bask in His presence without any "to d0" list hanging over me or, more likely, I won't have to wrestle with the guilt of not doing what I should be doing! :)
Class is over in a few minutes, so I shall sign off now! Have a good Friday evening and Happy Saturday morning!
1 comment:
Oh, don't worry about the root mix-up! You're a fabulous teacher and you teach a tricky subject! You're allowed to make a mistake sometimes.
Last year, I was teaching a confirmation class and I passed out a handout of the books of the Bible. We were going over the different sections of the Bible when a 6th grade girl said, "Hey, Ms. Becky? Where are the Psalms?" I looked and realized I had forgotten to list ALL of the Wisdom literature.
I'm a stinkin' Biblical Studies major and I forgot like 6 books of the Bible. I felt stupid for about a week, but it keeps me humble.
Post a Comment