Monday, November 12, 2007

Perspecitve on Pain

Now that I have cable I keep the channel on Discovery Health most of the time. I've been watching hour after hour of shows like "Mystery Diagnosis" and "Untold Stories From the ER". All I can say is that I've gotten some perspective on pain. Yes, my hip is hurting a lot again. But after watching shows on people who have had things like an adverse reaction to an antibiotic that led to ALL their skin falling off or people who have large hunting knives embedded in their heads, well, I feel blessed. Oh so blessed! My hip may hurt daily, but at least I'm not dying from it. Yes, thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

That was very encouraging in a silly way. We have a lot to be thankful for!

Anonymous said...

I love those kind of shows too. If I had cable, that's exactly what I'd be watching..either that or Animal Planet...But watching things like that does make you put some things in perspective...:)