Monday, November 26, 2007

I Just Don't Get It!

Over the weekend I repeatedly heard about Nicole Richie and how she spent Thanksgiving. She volunteered at a gay and lesbian coalition/mission/or something in L.A. serving meals. The media keeps acting like she's some kind of saint because she was there. Okay, but here's the thing. SHE WAS DOING COURT ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE! So, I guess I'm missing the "Oh what a saint she is!" aspect of the story. I just don't see how I'm supposed to think what she is doing is so gosh darn altruistic when she's doing it because she'll go to jail if not as a repercussion for driving while intoxicated multiple times ! Perhaps I'm a bit cynical. I don't know. I just know that it irritates me more each time I hear it about.

That is all.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I agree with you Jenny. That is pretty pathetic. Good grief.

Becky Durham said...

LOL.

You blogged about Nicole Richie.

:P

Oh, and the media's portrayal of young hollywood generally makes me want to barf.

Anonymous said...

The media and this world is just twisted and wrong! LOL It's kind of like those people who say "Hey I take care of my kids" and are looking for some sort of compensation, or recognition...Umm Hello...you shouldn't get praised for doing what you're SUPPOSED TO BE DOING!!! You're a PARENT..taking care of your kids is what a parent does...Not a great act of kindness!!! LOLOL Sorry i'll jump off this soap box for now!