Friday, November 02, 2007

Have to get it out...

Tonight I went to see/hear Patricia King. Perhaps you've heard of her. If not, she's pretty cool! She's connected with the Elijah List group of people. I had gotten the message and realized she was in Houston and then, much to my delight, a couple people wanted to go. So we did! And we'll be going back tomorrow, too! (It was gooooood!)


So, I wanted to share what one of the things God spoke to me about tonight. Which, big surprise, happened to go right with the overall message for the night. We were singing I Need You More. You know, with the lines, "I need you more. More than yesterday, I need you more. More than words can say....and I never want to go back to my old life...." Well, while I was singing God took me through a little montage of memories. Of really awesome memories, in fact. Like, visions of times at UE in prayer meetings and standing in the front oval proclaiming how awesome He is. Times at WOHG plastered to the floor or being slammed by revelation. Visions of Olive St. and Saturday night prayer meetings. And many, many more but I think you get the picture. While I was seeing this in my mind's eye I told God how much I've loved these times and how they were truly the best times in my life. But then He did what He does best and gave me some new understanding about life.

The line "I never want to go back to my old life...." took on a new meaning. I've always thought of that as the bad things in my life. Like what He's delivered me from. Which is totally true about that line. But tonight He basically asked me/told me/encouraged me/whatever to look at that as not just letting go of the bad, but also letting go of those awesome times. To quit longing for what I have almost idolized in my life because they were so incredible. That I need to make a commitment to never want to go back to anything in my past life and look forward to and long for greater things. That as long as I'm focused on what was it will be really hard for me...impossible even...to reach for more of what He has. WHICH IS FAR BETTER!

Okay, so, yeah, it was pretty cool. What was great is that then the message was all about desiring the supernatural things. Which has totally been stirring in me lately. To just want to see the Holy Spirit bust out all over the place with MIRACULOUS things! And that went right along with what God was speaking to me about through that song.


I had to get all that out before I went back tomorrow night. :)

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Hey that is REALLY awesome.

I am glad you shared that...sounds like some great insight and great revelation...the Holy Spirit speaking LIFE into your heart in a new way...so cool!

Thanks for sharing!

I look forward to hearing about the miracles that are done in your life and through your life!

Tamara said...

It took me a few years to catch that revelation. Now that I have I feel such freedom and I enjoy the present.

Becky Durham said...

That's pretty much awesome. Thanks for sharing, because, AS USUAL, your words spoke to me where I am, too.

Anonymous said...

I SO used to get annoyed with certain people (not you) whenever they reminisced about their past Jesus experiences and talked about nostalgic feelings. I can understand how nostalgic feelings are good for enticing one back into pursuit for Jesus... but yeah... God totally has better things for us than our past experiences, as good as they were! That's what I've been learning, too, and learning how to let go of it all and move forward.