Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

I'm back in Houston after a 4-day weekend that I can only describe as surreal. I can't explain why it felt so surreal but it certainly did. Regardless, it was a nice weekend that couldn't have gone better if I'd have planned it for 2 months rather than 2 days. (Which led to a huge revelation that, should I ever have the time and focus, I'll write about.)

I spent a lot of time good time with my family in Carbon and was even able to spend an evening with my high school friend, Shannon. On Sunday I, of course, went to Evansville for Pastor Appreciation at WOHG. (That was extremely delightful!) After which I was officially introduced to Mr. Hunter Schmitt. (What a doll baby he is!) My time in Evansville was wrapped up with dinner and conversation with Karen and Tracy P./F. All of that got me home pretty late so I slept in a little on Monday morning and then headed to the airport in the early afternoon. All in all, it was an extremely good weekend.

Wow. It really, really was a good weekend! Kinda like most everything in my life these days. Go figure!

I'm really looking forward to the spring/summer when I might get to see all of you on my next trip to Indiana. But remember, y'all are ALWAYS welcome here, too! :)

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Sounds lovely!

I would like to hear your revelation about planning and such. Sounds insightful!

We would love to come to Texas!!!!!!!!!

I have only ever been to San Antonio and I honestly have no memory whatsoever of that. I am sure that you could make our trip to Texas as memorable as could be!!!

Becky Durham said...

I'm glad you had an awesome trip!

I'm still sad that I missed you, but when the timing's not right, it's just not.

Hope the school week's going well!