Saturday, November 03, 2007

THE STORM @ SCHOOL!

I went to another Patricia King meeting last night but didn't stay for the entire thing. I had a headache and just felt icky all over. So, I prayed during the worship and finally felt God say that I would always gain something from staying, but that if I went home my entire future would not be determined by this decision. Which is so typical of my thinking! To think that one little mistake could thwart everything God ever invested in my life. How arrogant of me!

So now I'm just enjoying my Saturday afternoon before THE STORM hits on Monday.

Are you asking, "What storm?" Well let me just tell ya.....


I learned at 7:45 yesterday morning that: 1) Our class sizes at school are out of compliance with some regulation or other, so 2) we are losing our 2nd non-teaching class period, which means 3) I will have smaller classes (by about 5 students), but 4) ALL of our rosters will be changing and 5) I will get an entirely new class made up of students from all different classes.

INSANE!

The reason this is so insane is because 1) it is mid-year and 2) it is mid-grading period and 2) our grading system is not done in such a way that grades simply follow a student so we'll all have to get together and have a mas sgrade-swapping session. Plus, 4) we have a test on Tuesday and we won't be able to review with all of our own kids and will most likely have them moving in and out ON test day.

Yet all of our pleas for waiting only ONE WEEK and HALF until the end of the grading period have gone unanswered. Even waiting 2 days seems to be a ridiculous request to the ears of our administration. So, this week is going to very, very interesting!

Feel free to pray that 1) it goes smoothly and 2) I get "good" students. :) (Hey! I told my co-workers I was going to be praying and I meant it!)

Enjoy your weekends! I know I'm going to!

3 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Wow, that seems incredibly unreasonable and counterproductive. Doesn't the fact that the students will be so disrupted sort of undermine the purpose behind class size guidelines anyway?

They should have let you wait out the grading period, and probably the semester at least.

Of course, I guess someone made a pretty big boo boo in the first place by not following guidelines.

Hennyfair said...

A huge part of the problem was that they didn't consider that we'd have over 500 more students in the school than was anticipated. So, anyway, this week should be interesting!

Beth said...

that's so ridiculous that your school is doing that! why in the world can't they wait another week and a half??? or let the teachers still do the grades for their original kids for THIS grading period, and switch to doing grades for the new kids NEXT grading period. that would drive me nuts if my school was doing what yours is! i can't believe that they think that's the best plan.