I went to a prayer meeting tonight at Karlene's house. (Another one of my amazing new friends here in the lovely city of Houston! I've just met the coolest people!) We meet every other Thursday night to pray for the residents of her apartment complex and then just for whatever is on the Lord's heart. Tonight we prayed (mostly) to the Passion "Our Love is Loud" CD. Which totally made me think of y'all and my Seizers Palace on Franklin Street. PLUS that CD is the one with song "Enough" on it. So, I was super jazzed about all that because of all I wrote in that previous post. And for whatever reasons I can move into a time of prayer and intercession while listening to that CD like no other CD I've ever heard. Strange, huh? I mean, I can even manage to get past Chris and the awesome voice thingys he does in many of the songs that just drive me wild when I really listen to him. So it's pretty darn amazing that the Holy Spirit can speak to me any kind of pure, Holy messages in the midst of it! Ah, but I just love having prayer meetings again!
But here's the other thing.....
On the way home I saw a billboard that I'd never seen before. It was for the Houston Rockets, which is why it caught my eye. I mean, now I'm their biggest fan and all! :) Anyway, what it had on it was several of the players and it was comprised of large puzzle pieces. Most of them in place but several still getting put into place. In the center were the words, "It's Time." So, that totally took my breath away because that is MY PHRASE from God for this season of my life. (Yes, I'm working on the copyright as we speak! :) ) Plus, last Fall Katie gave me this word picture about a puzzle and things with me finding a new church. (Even if she doesn't remember it, I do!) And that puzzle image has stuck in my mind very clearly for all this time. So, to have those 2 things together in one place AND for it all to be with something oh so Houstony put my mind at peace in the midst of my ongoing questioning of "Why am I here God?!? Am I REALLY supposed to be here????" The last week or so (ever since returning from IN) I've had a real battle in my thoughts about a lot of things. So, that was a cool kinda of message from God. Sounds silly, but God speaks to us how we'll hear! He speaks whatever language you do. Yeah, scary as it is, God speaks Jennese! :)
Now it is 1 AM and I have to be up at 5 AM so I'd best be getting off of here now.
2 comments:
Oooooh! God speaks Jennese for sure!
"Our Love is Loud" is the CD that you gave me a copy of way back when, when I REALLY needed some new praise and worship during a tough time here in Sweden (in 2001). I remember laughing, crying, shouting, sobbing and interceding to that CD! Now it is in our car!
That is very cool about the puzzle pieces. Of course I remember that word! (I have given it to you TWICE and all!)
And I think it is great that you have a friend in Texas named KARLENE!
Have a great weekend!
I like the way you put that. Jennese...I like the thought that God speaks Crystalese too! LOL
Post a Comment