Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh, Church

Okay...so...the first person I met in Houston was named Jenny Roberts. So, I contacted the Jenny Roberts that most of us know and told her. At which point I learned that her roommate is from Houston. Thus, I inquired about what church she attended here. So, I'm going to try to go there tomorrow morning. So, here's praying that it's a positive experience. How silly is it that I can move to Houston with little apprehension but I can't go to a church service? I'll let you know how it goes...if it goes at all!

3 comments:

Becky Durham said...

I hope you went and I hope it rocked!!!

Hennyfair said...

Yeah, well, I didn't go. I thought if I blogged about it beforehand I'd be more inclined to go. Instead, I ended up staying up until almost 5 a.m. doing laundry and reading. So, when the 8 am alarm sounded I was in no mood to get up. Let alone get up, rummage through my clothes (that are far from organized at this point), follow directions to a place in Houston I don't yet know of, and then go meet new people. I just didn't wanna! God help me! I want to go to church because I know I need to and figure I can meet some people, but I really don't want to go to church, in general. I'm just so...disappointed in churches right now. I have no desire to have that disappoint meant perpetuated during a church hunt. *sigh*

Becky Durham said...

Well, we talked about this before, of course, but you can't pin your disappointment in the whole church on churches in Houston that you haven't attended yet! There are some good ones out there--but no perfect ones.

Going the first time is always the hardest--at any church. I don't think I would just start visiting lots of churches at random because that will lead to frustration, but if you know of one that has a good recommendation you might as well give it a shot! Next Sunday's the day! I'll be praying about it all week.

<3