I'm not sure if the names of my IKEA furniture mean anything at all, but here they are nonetheless. Let us know, dear Swedes, if they mean anything at all!
Ektorp - sofa & chair
Benno - coffee table
Leksvik - end table
Alve - workstation (but being used as an entertainment unit)
Malm - clothes dresser & night stands
8 comments:
Those look like the word confirmations you make us type on your blog (even though it's a private blog...)... ...
:P
Ektorp and Leksvik is places and Benno, Alve is names.
Malm can be a family namne but it also mean iron ore.
Normale they have names. I think something is called Niklas to...
Hmm...I see. Well, I don't know if it gets any more interesting than what I've posted. So sad. But I think I'll name all of my furniture after all my blogger friends....LOL...Like, my comfy arm chair can be the Ektorp Becky because of the way that it makes me feel so relaxed. My nighstands can be Malm Katie & Niklas because they go together so perfectly and hold vital things for my daily routines much like Katie & Niklas provide friendships that are vital to my life. LOL (This is fun!) Let's see...hm...My dresser is Malm Sarah because it is the tallest of my furniture and brings me much delight because it is the first thing I see when I awaken in the morning reminding me of all the huge blessings that have been bestowed upon me as of late, much like having a friend like Sarah reminds me of the blessings I've had bestowed upon me in the friendship department. Ah, and my side table is Leksvik Peachy because it is right where I need it when I need it. It's a handy "sidekick", much like Peachy is always right there and ready and willing to support her friends. LOL
I'm such a doofus! I could go on and on, but I'm going to stop. However, if I've missed someone and you'd like me to name my furniture after you, please, by all means, let me know. I'll work you in for sure! :)
Oh, why yes! Kristina...She is Alve Kristina. That is my workstation/entertainment center. Why ? Because we are in the same line of work and it brings to me great entertainment as does Ms. Kristina!
LOL.
OOOooooooohhhh! How fun!
I love the way you can draw so many parallels between people and inanimate objects! It is another strength to have as a teacher (I mean, in the sense that you are good at describing things in different ways!)
We feel honored to be the Malms!
Which color of the Malms did you get?
I think there were 4 options: white, and then 3 shades of "wood" color.
Ha Jenny you are so entertaining and fun!
Post a Comment