Wednesday, August 08, 2007

'Bout to Burst!

Since our Swedish friend(s) never weighed in, yeah, those are IKEA's colors. The store that sold me about 88% of my current furniture. (Which I've also now realized that the store's colors are that of the Swedish flag! Ha! I'm a little slow on the draw!)

Speaking of furniture....

I'm about 90% moved into my THIRD FLOOR apartment. And every muscle in my body is feeling it tonight. My goodness, I thought my heart was going to burst, my brain was going to rupture, my skeletal muscle was going to turn to puddles of overheated Jell0, and my lunch was going to spew all over the place. I've worked hard today! The good news is that I've been, as I've come to describe it, deliriously giddy most of the day. Like, I'm driving down the road and I feel like my whole body might explode due to the pure joy that is emanating within me! Um, so, yeah, at some points I'm about to bust due to happiness and other times due to all the strain on my body! LOL It's a wonder I ever made it back here to write this!

And even though none of them will ever see this, I have to give a shout out to the people who helped me tonight. My, what God sends they were! My sister's uncle Tony and their neighbors, Steven, Ann, Nick, and their daughter whose name isn't all that common so I can't remember it. They really made this possible. I will forever be thankful of them.

Right now I'm tired. Everything in me is screaming, "SLEEP! We want to rest!!!!" And since tomorrow holds another day of lugging things up THREE flights of stairs in the ungodly Texas heat and humidity, I shall obey my body's request now.

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

WOW! Awesome!

We totally missed the latest "tribute to Sweden" post - how embarrassing!

And yes, the IKEA colors are most definitely the obnoxiously bright yellow and blue colors of the Swedish flag!

I am glad you are bubbling with JOY!

And we would love to know the classic silly Swedish names of the IKEA furniture you bought! (there is a bookshelf named "Niklas")!

Becky Durham said...

lol about IKEA's names!

And hooray for Hennyfair! You're almost moved in!

Your adoring public wants pictures!

Becky :)

Hennyfair said...

I had no idea that the names might have any sort of meaning to those who are Swedish. I'll have to look at the names and let you know. I convert them all into an English word. Like, um, there's one I call applebottom and another Alvin. LOL I'll get back to you on that...

And, dear Becky, yes, I'm close to having all my things there, but it will be a long while before pictures are possible. In large part because I have to find my camera! Plus, I have no accent/decorative pieces yet. So it will look extremely bare for some time yet.

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Oh yeah, all the IKEA product names are Swedish, and are either an actual Swedish word, or the name of a place or person!

you will discover a bunch of "å"s and "ä"s and "ö"s if you look hard enough!