So, here's the thing....I'm in Evansville. I'm having a wonderful time. I keep thinking I am going to blog about everything, but now that I'm on here I can't think of any of those things! It's driving me crazy! Here's a little synopsis of the trip so far....Um, yeah, I doubt it will be "little"! You all know how I am! :)
Sunday
It began by having Sunday morning breakfast with the teacher I assisted when I worked at Newburgh Elementary. It nice to catch up on things at my old school and all that jazz. Then, I went to church at WOHG. Ah, it was so great. Like, it was the WOHG experience that I love so much. I mean, I like it all, but it was just, yeah, one of those services where I felt like I could just slide into God's presence and just "be". Kind of like putting on my comfiest pajamas and then into a nice warm bed and snuggling up with covers. Kevin was just...well....Kevin! Via God's leading he busted out some of the old stuff and that made me think of all of you. Which totally made me sob because I remembered in those moments how much I just love you all. Then it was topped off by them ministering to me and praying for me and for this new adventure I'm about to embark upon. Boy did they just speak God's words straight into my heart. I was so reassured, blessed, encouraged, etc., etc., etc.....it was splendid! (And Kevin gave me a CD and I told him I was going to tell you all to make you jealous because of it! Ha!) After church I also got to have lunch with several church members and, guess what? IT WAS BLESSED! :) That afternoon I headed over to Hendo to spend the night with my favorite Kentucky couple...Becky and Jason. Becky even made me...er...Jason...a cake (see "Becky's Blog for picture). As always, it was good to see them that one last time. Plus, going down by the river at night was just very nice. (I'll tell ya, the two of them have helped to make these last few weeks so much easier. I doubt they even realize it. Without them these days would have involved a lot more fatigue, money, and chaos. So, thanks again Becky!)
Monday
I slept in. :) Then I had lunch with Diane. That was just super, too. I always enjoy her company so very much and just being able to talk about God centered happenings. (She also wanted me to tell you all hello! So, HELLO FROM DIANE!!!) Next I headed over to Kristina's to see her and to chat it up for a while. (The nursery looks SO awesome!) It was nice to visit with her and, in some ways, feeling reconnected with her has made me even more excited about her soon-to-be state of motherhood. (Does that make sense and not sound bad? I hope so!) Finally, my evening ended with a visit with Karen. I hadn't seen or talked to her in many, many months, so it was interesting, but also good. I had really wanted to "talk-talk" with her, but that never really happened. We mostly just went to see a few other people and chatted about goofy life-happenings. I suppose that is just how it was to be. Anyway, today was definitely a great day!
Now, should I have time tomorrow I will share of Tuesday as well! Get excited!!! :)
2 comments:
OH! WOW! I am so glad you had such a lovely, blessed time in Evansville! I love how God blesses people so abundantly through the people that are WOHG.
I can't wait to see them again.
Cool that you got to spend time with Diane and with Kristina (JEALOUS!) And that you got to experience Kevin leading worship again (JEALOUS!)
I am so glad these days leading up to your big life-change have been such a blessing to you!
Jonas said that Scooter told him you kept him up with all the snoring. I thought I would share.
LOL. Ratted out by a stuffed dog.
Post a Comment