"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Monday, May 28, 2007
Ho-Hum-Hum
Blah-blah-blah! I have nothing to say! Not true! I ALWAYS have tons to say! I gave the best sermon of my life on the way home from my family's the other day. Yeah, I was the only one present, but it was still a heck of a message! It started as me thinking about what I'd say to one of my old friends from high school about my relationship with God. In the end I was sobbing because I got so much out of it. Ha! I made a believer out of myself! I so hope that God's plan for my life involves sharing these things to someone other than me some day because there is just SO much bottled up inside of me that I want to share. Stuff that helps me to believe all over again when I remember it and say it and it all comes together. I figure if it helps me, maybe it can help others, too. It's not like this one message resolved all the issues and angst that are part of my current life, but it sure did give me a lift and some perspective on my life as a Christian. My concluding thought for this evening.....Man, I sure hope that Texas has some Christians whose life paths are destined to intertwine with mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, that's really awesome!
I'm going to have to try that sometime soon. Although it won't be in the car because I am hardly ever in a car. Maybe on a walk in the countryside! Where only the horses and the sheep can hear me!
Thanks for sharing!
That last sentence...I hope that for you too!
Jesus heard your sermon and I am sure He was delighted. I hope that someone comes your way as well. Someone dashing and handsome with great teeth. Teehee
Post a Comment