Thursday, April 12, 2007

Just for the heck of it!

As of 4 pm today I declared it my birthday weekend. Unlike many, many years in the past I've not put any expectations on my birthday for something "special". Every year (save for my 23rd) it's never quite lived up to all my hype. Not all have been bad, but most have always left me wondering what my life has to hold. Most leave me in a state of depressed reflection as I find that my life has amounted to much less than I ever expected or hoped. HOWEVER...this year is different. I HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS! I just decided to take tomorrow off for the heck of it. Then, just for the heck of it, I decided to come down here to Evansville. I had dinner with Darren tonight and will have lunch with Pammy tomorrow. Again, just for the heck of it! (And because I really enjoy their company!) Then I will be heading to Indy to see my most wonderful roommates from UE. Not all of them, but the others will be thought of with great fondness, I'm sure. (Well, all except my freshman year roommate who I doubt we will think much of at all.) Then, after that ton of fun I'll be heading to Brazil on Saturday to see my friend Shannon and her new little Guatemalan baby! After which I will trek to Carbon to see my family and have a birthday cookout as per my choosing. (In my family birthdays mean you get a special meal. Doesn't sound like much, but growing up it was a big deal for a variety of reasons. So the tradition has persisted and holds a tender spot in my heart. Especially because I get to have chocolate tapioca pudding....YUMMY! It's great...right Becky! LOL) Then, on Sunday, my actual birthday, I will have to do some work to get ready for the work week, but I do plan to take some time to go off somewhere with the Lord to have a chat. I have so much on my mind and several unresolved issues that keep me awake many nights that I'd love to get some answers on and maybe just some peace about. Or, maybe He and I will just have a nice walk and talk together and enjoy the day. Who knows? I have NO EXPECTATIONS! Hm, perhaps that should be the theme of this coming year....I'll get back to you on that along with a reason why that is a GOOD thing for me! :)

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

Hey, I get to see you soon!

And yes, yum, chocolate tapioca pudding.

Also, I've been praying for you.

I don't think you should elope with the Vegas commdian. Let's face it, he wants to get married at the Heartbreak Hotel Wedding Chapel and Gift Shop and we know what will happen when the Elvis Impersonator stands up to officiate.

LOL--Happy Official Birthday Weekend!