Saturday, April 14, 2007

Another Weekend Update

Well, it has been just the most lovely weekend so far! As you all know, my greatest delight in life is being able to spend time with people. I get so energized by socializing. This weekend has been no exception. Between Evansville, Indy, and then seeing my niece and nephew tonight, it's been just wonderful! There were some snags to my original plans, but in the end it was all perfect.

It was especially great to see my friends from college who I haven't seen in so many years. (Where does all the time go????) Meeting their little ones just blessed me so much. I still get so amazed that these little people are literally part of my friends. I can't explain my fascination with it. All I know is that whenever I get Christmas pictures from my old friends (like high school and college friends) I just sit just praise God and inquire of Him of the wonder that they are. I really can't explain what comes over me with it all, but truly I am awed by these new lives and God's handiwork. They also help me to go back and appreciate my students more just being reminded that each of them is someone's child that is loved and treasured for reasons that I can't possibly understand. (Maybe this weekend will be enough to get me through these last 6 weeks!) Also, just seeing people who once acted like such goof balls with me now in such responsible, selfish, and "adult" roles is always a little trippy. In some cases just scary! LOL

Plus, that thing I have asked you all to pray about, well, there have been several new, positive developments! It's looking good! With any hope and God's will I'll share specifics sometime in the near future.


As for now, I'm tired after all of my travels and will thus end my blog for the night!

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

I'm so excited!

I had a great time with everyone :) I'll blog about it later!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you've had a great time!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I am so glad YOU were born!

KT

(Niklas says "Grattis!")