Today it is rainy. And it feels like a rainy day. Gloomy, dumpy, and like everything is moving in slow motion. I'm not having a bad day or anything. It's just the kind of day where you wish you could have stayed in your pajamas and cuddled up in your warm bed for a few extra hours rather than heading to work.
Some of it could also be due to the fact that I am so ready for this year to be over. Since I knew I was moving way back in October it's been hard to be really into much of what's going on here at school. Plus, this year's group of kids and I just don't click like in years past. I see the seniors walking in the halls with their class shirts on that say "SENIORITIS" in big, black, bold letters and I just think, "I can relate!" It's all okay, though. I will be out on Friday (I'm giving myself the day off for my birthday!), then out the 23rd (for my last finger check-up), and then for 3 days for our D.C. trip in May with the 8th graders. Plus, next Tuesday is 1/2 a field trip for Career Day so that day is going to be bust, I'm sure. Yeah, I'm thinking it'll start moving along more swiftly soon. I just have to try to stay focused until then. Or at least get better at faking it!
Oh, and as far as aking for your prayers. Thank you. You may never get to know the answer to it, but I do appreciate your willingness to be my friend through it. It's a very odd situation, one that seems incredibly unlikely when you examine certain facts. Yet when you look at another set of unrelated facts it seems almost too perfect to not be God. It's just figuring out how...or if...God plans for it to work out. I'm hoping for the "how", but would be just as blessed should it turn out to be otherwise. Whatever His will, I have to trust that it's perfect and in my best interest. But I'm dying to know the outcome of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'd love to tell the details, but I don't feel it's right at this point. I don't know why, but I just don't. Again, should it come to pass, you will know. If it doesn't, then you will likely never know! Fun stuff, huh?
Honestly, I'm just wasting my prep period today. I just don't feel motivated to grade, copy, or write lessons right now.
3 comments:
Jenny!
I like it when you update your blog.
I am praying for you and your stuff and I'm praying that you will have a "2nd wind" as the school year winds down.
Also, it's almost your birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNYYYYYYYYYYYY! What's that? It's not your birthday yet, you say? Well it's NEVER too early to sing happy birthday to somebody! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JENNYYYYYY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
I think you will find that the days really do just fly by, I mean especially once the end of May comes around and it will just hit you.
Cool! You are going to DC?!?!? That would be even cooler except for the fact that you have to spend your time with 8th graders. eeeewwwww...Be sure to bring lots of fluids and good walking shoes.
Have a great day off on Friday!
Post a Comment