"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Freak Out Moment
So, I booked my flight to Texas for Spring Break. I was all excited thinking about getting to see my new home and the possibility of my first human resource interviews with school districts when all of a sudden I had a FREAK OUT MOMENT. It occurred to me that I might get there and find that I hate it. I might have a horrible trip and then never want to go back. What then? Would I still go? Would I change my mind and not move? Will I find that I don't like it but then force myself to move anyway? I'm fighting this off because, strangely, the idea of this visit is much scarier than the idea of moving altogether. It's odd how those moments can just seize you with no warning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It'll be a fun adventure! See if they have a skatepark! If they have a skatepark, then it must be an okay place to live!
Dearest Hennyfair. You've been to Texas before and you loved it. I kinda think that you're freaking out over something that's not even going to happen. You have a reason that you want to move to Texas--you love it there! You probably will love it when you interview.
Yes, it will be different. Yes, there may be some new things to get used to. Yes, you may hate the person who interviews you and the airline may lose your luggage (I'll pray neither happens). But you may still absolutely adore Texas.
Spring Break's coming up soon!
That is a totally understandable momentary reaction. It is normal to freak out about huge life steps for a brief time.
BUT THEN, you remember that verse in Philippians that says, DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUESTS TO GOD.
God reminded me of that passage today at a point in time where I was starting to freak out about something.
Hang on to that!
The reality of your new adventure is starting to sink in!!!! Remember that our Great God is going to be with you on that plane, in those interviews. Praying with you that you have a MARVELLOUS time, and that He will confirm your path!!!!
Blessings!!!
Thanks all....I know you're all right. Sometimes the hours of thinking about it in the quiet, solitude of my home allows for doubtful thoughts to creep in. Especially after long weeks like that last one was that leave me wanting out of here more than ever. It's just that thought of, "What if it is as miserable there as here? Then what do I do?" Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! I'll believe that you all are right on!
Well, given how wise we all are, I'm positive we are all right on...
;)
Post a Comment