Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just to clarify....

My finger isn't all mangled or grotesquely deformed by anyone else's standards. Only mine! It's just a ganglion cyst on my left index finger that has been there for, oh, I'd say 5 years. It is SO annoying and sometimes swells to embarrassing proportions for someone in a profession who uses their "pointer" in close contact often. It only hurts on occasion and I had just put it off because of not having insurance before my move and then moving and not having established doctors. Since I'm about to move again I figured now was the time to get'er taken care of. Plus, as I've shared with others, I have tried to treat the situation myself with one of my brother's diabetic syringes by trying to suck the "cyst juice" out of this sucker, but to no avail. It went down a little, but mostly just hurt like heck when I stuck that needle clean through the core of my finger. (Even with the Orajel and ice treatment I used for anesthesia!) Yeah, I'm kinda crazy when it comes to medical stuff. It all fascinates me so much and I cope with pain really well so it's all just a big adventure to me. It doesn't bother me in the least to think about being awake or anything. I'm very, very excited about it! (Yes, the strangest things bring me joy, but I guess that's what makes me the one and only Hennyfair!)

Well, enough 'bout that already!
Tomorrow is parent-teacher conference night so I need to get all rested so I will be alert and perky all the way through until 7:30 tomorrow evening. Fun times!
Have a good one y'all!

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

Wow. Thanks for the clarification...

But did you have to mention "cyst juice?" C'mon!