Monday, February 26, 2007

Goodbye Ugly, Gross Finger!

I went to the doctor today to see about my finger. I get to have surgery on March 21st!!!!!!! Do you know what this means??? I'll never again be able to say I've never had surgery. Oh well! It's the price I pay for a painless, undeformed finger. Plus, from what I am understanding I won't be put completely under. They'll just make me drowsy. SO I may be able to remember what is going on! I soooo want to see the surgery so that is what I'm praying for. The only downside to this is that I will be in a crazy finger splint thingy that will inhibit my typing skills for about a week and a half. Again, that's a small price to pay for having a normal finger again.

Well, time for bed now....

OH! But Kristina, so that you can quit asking, Evansville is my last stop before I leave for Texas. I plan to come down the first week of June. That's the plan anyway! So I'll see you then!!!!

3 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Congrats on the surgery. I can tell you're just dreading it...

Ugh. I hope I'm never awake for any surgery.

If we were playing scrabble and I could use my confirmation word, I would win. It is xzxxtfj. That's a lot of points.

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I'm sorry, I didn't even know that you have a deformed finger!

I hope you get to watch the surgery!

KT

Brian and Kristina Schmitt said...

Well Miss Jenny...I must say that I too am no longer a member of the "never had surgery club" as of this past summer when I was taken in protest for an emergency surgery. I only protested because I had not ever had surgery and was not thrilled with the idea of having NO NOTICE to prepare myself and my head. However, I do believe I had some understanding that it was a potential life or death situation.
I am glad that this is not a life of death situation for you, however I too am a bit perplexed at the fact that I did not know you had a finger "issue."
May you be blessed with the experience of participating thouroughly in your upcoming surgery, and may you learn to type like a three-legged Iditarod dog. (Which by the way, the Iditarod starts this Saturday!!!)

Finally....glad to hear you ARE coming to do a farewell tour in Evansville. I expect to spend at least a little time with you since I never get to see you any other time you come down here and I only hear about it AFTER the fact. Besides.....it will definately be time to show of my ever rouding belly that was not a result of too many trips to McD's. :)