I wanted to try to figure out the difference in cost of living of this area compared to Houston. I did a comparison between Terre Haute, Bloomington, and Evansville to Houston. Surprisingly, most things are more affordable. Based on Bloomington statistics: groceries are 20% less, housing is 10% less, and transportation is 7% less, but utilities are 12% higher and healthcare is .2% higher. Which meant that to be making my current salary here, I would have to make about $3,000 less there to maintain the same lifestyle. (It was a bit different for Terre Haute or Evansville, as their cost of living is significantly lower than Bloomington.) Regardless, I will be making more money than I do here, so it should pan out quite nicely!
I just thought that was interesting given what one usually thinks when moving to some place like Houston. But if you've ever looked into prices in Bloomington you would understand! So, for all of you who have constantly asked why I didn't move to Bloomington, that is why I didn't move all this time! But now I am and will still be doing better than moving just 45 minutes away! Yay!
2 comments:
It's interesting how that works out. My mom says that it's more expensive to live in Henderson than it is to live in Merrillville. I would have expected the opposite...
Me too! Now that one I really do find quite interesting. Although I did research a bit more and it made some more sense. Even so, I was still surprised.
Post a Comment