Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Strange Dream

In the past couple of months I've had several dreams with similar themes. The dreams themselves are different, but the overall feelings and distressing situations are the same. They are all about me being in some sort of prison or hospital or about to be executed. In some I am very upset and confused and fight for my freedom because I know I'm innocent of whatever I'm being accused of. In most cases I can escape and try to right the wrong. The one last night was different. In it I was in a small town and had been accused of some crime although I knew I was innocent. No one would listen to me or believe me and I was totally alone. No allies at all whatsoever. The dream was taking place on the day of my execution and I was to be hanged in the town square. In this dream I was not upset or worried; I was sad. Sad that it had come to that and that no one would believe I was innocent. Yet, for whatever reason, I had the sense that it was God's will that I not fight it and just gracefully accept the fate that awaited me. I was not bitter or angry; I was just sad. I think mostly sad for these people who would rather see me hanged for something for the sake of seeing someone punished than they were in hearing the truth of the matter. I remember just sitting in the "waiting room" with my head in my hands speaking with God. No tears. No cries for help. It was long past that. Just acceptance, but also anticipation because I knew that I was about to enter into the gates of Heaven and see Jesus face to face. Yet, I was still so sad. Just sad that they thought they were punishing me, but ultimately they were giving me the greatest gift I could have ever dreamed of. It was an odd dream. Perhaps the strangest of them all. I'm not sure how they all fit together, but I sense that they do.

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

Wow. Perhaps you'll get some clues about how they fit together in another dream. Do you write your dreams down (I mean besides in the blogosphere)?