I know I'm stressed when I start misplacing things. There are other signs as well, but when things begin to disappear and no one has been around but me, I know I'm too stressed. Case in point.....
Friday night I bought some frozen organic blueberry waffles. Saturday morning I had two. Tonight I decided to have them for dinner because I really enjoyed them. Well, I went to the freezer and there were not there. Hm? There were my veggie burgers...my talapia...my salmon....frozen blueberries....four grain bread....but no organic blueberry waffles. Hm? At this point I wonder if they are in the refrigerator.....nope. Hm? The cabinet with the syrup.....nope. The trash....nope.
At this point I'm getting freaked out. Was my trip to Wal-Mart on Friday a delusion? Did I really have them for breakfast yesterday? Surely I'm not going THAT crazy. Yet, I'm really not sure and that freaked me out even more! So, I look in all the same places again....and again....and again. No organic blueberry waffles. (God, help me! I'm losing my mind here!)
The only thing left to do was just begin looking everywhere. After looking through nearly all my cabinets I find that I had randomly chosen a cabinet and put them in there. Not one that even has food, mind you. Not one that has anything I ever normally use in. Just a random cabinet in which my organic blueberry waffles fit into perfectly. Granted, now they are completely unfrozen and of no good, but found at last.
So, with that, I decided my paper would be turned in late and I would just focus on getting my papers graded and went and rented a video to show in class for the next two days. There was just no way I was going to get it all done and my level of stress and anxiety over it all was just too high. When the waffles go missing I know it's time to cut back on some things!
Now I am going to bed....before midnight....praise God! Have a nice week all!
1 comment:
A good night's sleep sometimes makes all the difference, too! I hope it was more restful than my not so good night's sleep (since I can't sleep at all).
I do the same thing when I get too stressed--I misplace things AND I get really forgetful! I forget stupid stuff that I'm supposed to do and that makes me mad!
Glad you made a decision about your paper. Hang in there! I admire you very much for working so hard at everythingl--it's not easy to teach full time and go to school too.
Post a Comment