Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tristan's Trip

When we got to Lark Ranch we headed straight for the corn maze. It was EXTREMELY muddy! Yet, somehow, this 5-year-old didn't mind! He wasn't this clean coming out! After conquering the corn maze, we went on a hayride. We saw donkey, bulls, buffalos, and jumping fish on our little trip. Abigail Barnett joined us for this one! Later we did it again in the dark. Too fun!
This afternoon we went to my classroom and made different types of slime. If you look closely, in his left hand is red "Guar - Ghostbuster slime" and in his right is orange "Gak". On the table is blue "traditional slime" and green "Gloop". Oh how fun science can be!

Along with what you see, he rode a pony, jumped in a big "bouncy thing", got Cookie Crisp cereal (perhaps the hilight!), watched several totally boyish videos, enjoyed the many exercise "toys" in my apartment as well as my "science toys" at school, and wrote all over the chalkboard (apparently a huge deal!). I did my best to spoil him in order to always be the coolest aunt! Ha! :) I mean, c'mon, I let him get muddy, slimey, eat lots of junk food, and play with everything that is normally off limits. Yeah, I'll be the best aunt for a while yet. The rest of the adults in his life might not be so appreciative, but that's what being an aunt is all about! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

You Rock!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that what the kids say now...or at least said before I left the states...hahahahaha. I am sure you have made a memory for him that will last a long, long, time!!!!!!!! Hey, are the ingredients to make slime universal...do you think I could make it for the kids here?????

Hennyfair said...

I will send you the "recipes" and you can see if they are or not! I don't know what all you have there!

Becky Durham said...

That looks like fun!

You are the coolest aunt ever!

Anonymous said...

You sound like the awesomest aunt ever - especially the whole cookie crisp cereal thing - that would have been MY highlight! (and I mean currently as a 27 year old as well).

I am so glad you (and he) had a good time! Fun to see Abigail Barnett! (which reminds me, last night I had this dream where Kevin Barnett became the most world famous musician of all time and everyone was screaming his name everywhere I went - it was great!)

Anonymous said...

By the way, he is one CUTE nephew!!! Love his smile (which seems to always be on his face!!!)