Saturday, October 28, 2006

Thanks Becky!

One thing I don't particularly like about winter is getting gas. As you stand out in the biting cold waiting for the tank to fill and the wind is whipping all around it is almost unbearable. I just don't like it! Tonight it was just like that and, no, I did not like it! Although, I am not writing to complain about getting gas in the winter. Rather, I am writing to tell of a fond memory of Becky. Even if she doesn't remember this, I do and therefore it is true! Ha! :) I remember once she and I were going somewhere and it was cold weather - like a little road trip or something, maybe and IV retreat or something - when we had to stop for gas. I was driving so I naturally got out to pump the gas. What surprised me is that she got out with me and stood there while I pumped the gas. Normally the passenger just sits and waits, which I find perfectly acceptable and is what I would do! But not Becky, she stood out there in that cold and waited for the gas to pump right along with me. Now isn't that just an awesome friend and person? That left a huge impression on me and I think about it nearly every single time I get gas in the cold. I just always think that it was just such a thoughtful and selfless thing to do. Such a small thing, even unnecessary thing, but one that I felt spoke volumes! What a nice memory!

3 comments:

Durham Window Cleaning said...

I think I remember that...

Just as it's no fun to stand outside and pump gas all alone, it's also no fun to sit in a car all alone. I at least think it's nice to open the window and have a conversation.

It's funny how little things can make an impression...

Anonymous said...

LOL--I posted that as Jason!! He updated his blog last night.

Tamara said...

That does speak volumes about Becky. It speaks volumes about my character to. I would stay in the car. I can't handle cold weather. :(