I'm just blogging right now because I can. We have tomorrow off so tonight I'm pretty stress free. Tomorrow I will be heading to Carbon and then to the Mansfield Covered Bridge Festival. I don't know why I'm going. I'm going alone and it'll be absolute chaos. I won't likely get anything and I know my hip will not like me for it. Yet, I am going! It's such a part of my past and sometimes it's just nice to go and remember. The thing is that it is SO much different than when I was a kid. As a child my little Carbon church had a stand there where we sold homemade pancackes and other breakfast foods. At lunch hamburgers and chips. Now a little church like that couldn't afford a stand and pancakes would not be a big seller compared to all of the other foods available. It used to be more of a crafty, antique type thing. Now it has that stuff, but it also has more of the factory reject sweatshirts and knock-offs of "as seen on T.V." type stuff. But, now that I think about it, they always have a couple of stands that sell pencils, pens, erasers, and such in bulk at good prices. Maybe that will be my mission tomorrow. Oh how old I've gotten! I no longer go looking for "fun" things, but rather pencils! What a sad day!
Aside from that, not much is happenin' with Hennyfair. I've taken a nap tonight, wrote one of my four papers due this week, and am now trying to motivate myself to write another one. I want to get them out of the way so that I can enjoy my day off tomorrow. We'll see how it goes! And I only have a small stack of papers to grade so I am not stressed out by grading this weekend at all. Praise God!
I guess I should get to my writing now. But I think I'll go to the gas station and get some chocolate milk first. Ah, chocolate milk....God's gift to Hennyfair!
Have a good weekend all!
2 comments:
I'm happy for you!
I remember the "Fall Festival" in my former hometown of Waynesboro, VA, with fondness. It too has changed drastically and is now a redneck hangout, alas. But I have wonderful memories of handmade crafts for sale and homemade goodies, and the crisp fall air and beautiful autumn colors accompanying the "Fall Festivities".
Hope you enjoyed your chocolate milk! What is your favorite brand??? I like strawberry milk on some occasions! (though choc is always best)
Is the Covered Bridge Festival where you get the Sati Babis? If so, don't eat one for me. Those things did NOT sound the least bit appetizing.
Hope it was a nice day off!
Post a Comment