"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
ISTEP
We are taking ISTEP for the next four days. Thus, my work life is pretty sweet. Lots of sitting and watching kids and emailing and blogging! That is the reason for this altogether pointless post. I'm also grading and entering grades, but that gets boring sometimes so I need to take a break. Once again, that is the reason for this pointless post. Expect lots of them over the next four days! :) Good day all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
As a graduate of an Indiana School System, I can say that I used to LOVE ISTEP week in Middle School and High School.
I always finished with the test and would spend the rest of the time passing notes or (as I wrote in my 8th grade diary) "smiling and making eye contact" at my crush. I actually have three days worth of entries in my 8th grade diary that have to do with sitting in my homeroom all day during the ISTEP period. I loved it because I sat next to the guy I liked.
I always loved it too! But not bc of some silly guy. I just like taking tests. I'm a kook that way!
Do they still do the "A Baloo is a bear." thing? Jason went to HS in Henderson and they did that here, too, because every so often he'll say something like, "A baloo is a bear..."
LOL LOL LOL LOL
I remember that, too!
Only, I never would have realized it had you not said that! Too funny! I'm not sure if they do that still or not. I will let you know at the end of the week!
That was a favorite part of mine for two reasons:
1) I have a good memory and I liked to test it.
2) The words and definitions were the same every year and I liked to see how many I remembered from the year before! By 11th grade or whatever, I remembered most of them.
I never realized they were the same words! Where was I! I know things are MUCH different now than when we were in school taking ISTEP. It's SO much more serious now. The school feels like some kind of secret government agency with total lock down when they're testing. It's crazy! Crazy I tell ya! Just crazy!
You should teach in Kentucky. The testing here is like a religion.
In my school we all went to the cafeteria to do our ISTEP. Ours was ver regimented. We couldn't bring anything but pecils and that was it. We couldn't do any talking at all. If we made a peep we would get in trouble. I have no recolection of any "a baloo is a bear..." thing either. Don't know what that means.
Now you know you are getting 'up' there in age when you can't relate to ISTEP stories....actually, I am kind of glad that I missed out on that experience!!!! :-)
Although, I do remember some standardized testing experiences...but only at the elementary level until the PSAT in 9th grade...but unlike you all, I DO NOT enjoy taking test!
Post a Comment