Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Canadian Update: Take 2

Although this will not be nearly as detailed as my earlier post about this, I did want to re-share about my "Canada revelation".


On the way home from school today I heard a report on the radio that there was a univeristy shooting in Montreal today. As soon as I heard it I knew that that is what all the fuss with Canada had been in my prayers and thoughts. (God be with them all now.)

I also shared that this is something God tends to do with me. Whenever there has been an attack on a school and even the 9/11 situation, months before I have a real strong intercessory time where I feel like I'm pleading in desperation with the Lord, but I can only do so by praying in the Spirit. I don't know why exactly, but He does. Then, when I hear about the reports it all clicks and I just KNOW that that is what those times of intercession had been for. I had one of those early in August and now, along with all the thoughts I've had lately, know that that's what it's been about. It's happened at least 3 other times before, also. Whether you believe that or not, it's just so and unitl now I don't think I really took it as seriously as I should.

I just share that because I need to...we all need to...acknowledge that God DOES speak to us and DOES depend on us to pray for His will and His Kingdom to come here on earth. That's so hard to fathom sometimes - it's both humbling and awe-inspiring. In situations like this it only makes me wonder if I didn't pray like I should. Or if it was because of prayers of those He asked to stand in this gap that kept prevented even more bloodshed in each particular case. I'll never know. Most of us will not know this side of Heaven what our "prayers of faith" amount to. I guess that's why they are prayed in faith.

Yeah, this isn't the same post as before, but it's still written in the same awe of who OUR Father is and just the fact that He is OUR Father and that He knows and cares about EVERYONE EVERYWHERE and that He will use us...yes...YOU and ME...if only we are willing. Wow. I am awestruck even now.

1 comment:

Becky Durham said...

Wow. I'm glad you prayed obediently :)