"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Friday, August 18, 2006
The Svetas
Katie - There is a K-Mart commercial promoting backpacks and they claim that a music group called the Svetas are BIG in Sweden? So, have you ever heard of the Svetas? (I already know that answer to that, by the way.) I just wanted to use my Swedish connection for research purposes. :) But if they are big there, then I want a Svetas backpack like on the commercial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OHHHH...I didn't really pay attention to the commercial. I thought Sveta was a backpack brand. Ya know...like Jansport?
Well, no, we have never heard of Svetas in any form whatsoever...in fact, if you Google the word on the Swedish Google site (as I did to try to find something that I might possibly recognize) it asks me "Did you mean "svettas"?" which unfortunately means "to sweat", which would not be a good characteristic of any backpack.
So no, I guess K-Mart has engaged in false advertising. :o)
I do suppose I could have spelled it incorrectly. Either way, I was doubtful that they were really some big musical sensation in Sweden. Oh well, at least I did my research!
Yeah, I saw that commercial. It made me mad because it was slightly dissing a country I happen to love. Bad K-Mart!
Post a Comment