1. I was born at 12:12 pm on Tax Day in 1978.
2. I was forced into this world because I was a month late and still didn’t want to be born.
3. My mom said I looked like I had cottage cheese all over me. Yuck!
4. I used to be embarrassed to tell people that.
5. My mom always said I was her little tax deduction.
6. She also called me Penelope Pitstop because I had so much energy I needed to take a pitstop but never did.
7. I always refused to take naps as a kid.
8. Now I love to take naps!
9. I am the middle child of 5 kids.
10. My brother who is just one year older was my best friend until I was about 8.
11. We would play in the woods together all the time and pretend we were cowboys/girls running from Native Americans.
12. My oldest brother once flipped a 3-wheeler on top of me and the muffler burnt my back and gas leaked into the open wound.
13. Earlier that day I had gotten my first pair of jelly shoes and I was more upset that my brother got them all dirty than I was about my burnt back.
14. When I was 9 my parents separated and got divorced a year later.
15. When I was ten a disease attacked my hip.
16. When that happened I was most upset because I couldn’t dance or do gymnastics anymore.
17. I cried everyday at first because I knew my biggest dream of being a cheerleader would never be a reality.
18. I made up my mind to join the band and learn to play the clarinet instead.
19. When my parents divorced my family got all screwed up and my brother started hating me.
20. That’s when my sister became my best friend.
21. I couldn’t dance anymore so I made her do dances I made up.
22. We also played Barbies nonstop!
23. My hip disease led my mom to buy me a Nintendo since I was confined to a hospital bed for 6 months.
24. We were the first family in my town to have a Nintendo.
25. Our house was always full of kids because of it.
26. I never got to play but didn’t care because at least that meant I had company.
27. I knew in the 6th grade that I wanted to be a teacher.
28. I knew this because my 5th and 6th grade teachers were so good to me when I was recovering from my hip stuff.
29. I fell in love with science in the 5th grade during a unit on clouds.
30. I didn’t miss a single day of church from the time I was 2 until the time my parents got divorced.
31. My best memories of childhood are from Sundays when the extended family would get together at my house or my Nanny’s or my Great-grandma’s for dinner after church.
32. I LOVED vacation Bible school as a kid.
33. I especially liked playing tag and catch lightning bugs while we waited for our parents to clean up after VBS.
34. I now feel badly for my Sunday school teachers because of the way we acted back them.
35. I admire and thank them for their patience and dedication to us more than I can say.
36. In jr. high I once had an outfit that was completely made of blue jean – pants, shirt, a vest, and a matching hair bow.
37. A kid named Josh in my English class would always make a comment on it when I wore it.
38. Josh was also in my organic chem class my senior year in high school and would occassionally remind me about it.
39. I did NOT have a completely blue jean outfit my senior year of high school.
40. I thank God that I didn’t have a completely blue jean outfit my senior year in high school.
41. The first real song I ever played on my clarinet was “Hot Cross Buns”.
42. I was so excited that I called my best friend and kept saying, “I can hear the words ‘Hot-Cross-Buns’ when I play it!”
43. My best friend was always a long distance phone call away.
44. I called her ALL the time.
45. I got in trouble ALL the time for calling her ALL the time.
46. I played the clarinet and pit percussion in school.
47. Both always came very easily to me.
48. The only D I ever got in school was in band.
49. I got this because I thought the teacher was unfair and treated kids differently based on their ability and I refused to play into his sick little games.
50. My marching band was in the top 4 in the state all 4 of my years of H.S. and were 1st 2 of those years.
51. My first car was an emerald green Neon.
52. I kept a box of Downy fabric softener in there as an air freshener.
53. I loved Elvis in high school.
54. I quit liking Elvis when my dad hired an impersonator for a surprise party for me when I turned 20.
55. I am terrified of people dressed up like other people or other things (i.e. Mickey Mouse, clowns, Elvis impersonators)
56. I first really started desiring Jesus when I went to a VBS with my friend Shannon where we studied the parable of the Sower.
57. That was my senior year of high school and I only went because she felt silly being 17 and still going to VBS but had to because her mom was the teacher.
58. That same summer Shannon and I had a “Back to School Bash” and made our own BINGO game and I made cookies shaped and decorated like all my friends.
59. I had a HUGE fight with all my friends my senior year of high school.
60. I punched my friend Scott in the face one night I was so mad at him.
61. That was the same day the power went out at our school and we got to leave during 2nd period so we all went to Steak ‘N Shake for lunch.
62. Second period was my anatomy and physiology class in which I got to dissect a cat named Harvey.
63. My freshman year at the University of Evansville I had a roommate who duct taped a dead stick to her desk because she thought it was the perfect branch in addition to a chunk of her own hair.
64. I though she was nice but rather odd.
65. My favorite class in college was genetics because Dr. Seng made it really interesting and easy to understand.
66. That’s where I first learned that some people are born with tails.
67. That’s also the class where I met Marjy Walther.
68. Marjy invited me to Intervasity Christian Fellowship and I went.
69. My first meeting at IV Pat talked about time management and did a demo on how you can fit everything into your schedule if you put God first.
70. I hated playing games during IV meetings.
71. I still hate playing games at organized events.
72. I loved the plethora of squirrels on our campus.
73. I always believed they had some secret society that was striving to take over our campus (which I thought was brilliant of them).
74. One of my best memories of Monday night unity prayer was when Katie, Becky, Peaches and I went to the circle and prayed for God to reign on our campus and then it started to rain.
75. Another favorite memory was from a time during final exams snacks at Upper Harpers was really hard frozen waffles so we snuck a bunch out and then played Frisbee with them.
76. I loved our disco kitchen more than anything about the Hazeart apartments.
77. I truly believe I had the best group of friends in college that anyone could have ever asked for.
78. On May 2, 1999 God turned my world upside down and changed my life forever.
79. That was the day I met Buck Hudson and heard God speak through him about all the things that were deep within my heart.
80. That same summer I went to England and have always looked at that as my official honeymoon with Jesus because I knew no one going into it, so it was just me and Him, and I would sneak away to be with just Him every second I could.
81. If I could have any prayer answered it would be for my family come to know Jesus for real.
82. When I lived at 1302 Olive St. we had a pet frog named Gorfy by whom me prophesied!
83. We also prayed every Saturday night in the lion room.
84. That is where I became most confident that I could hear God and know His voice and will.
85. At the age of 22, the house on Olive Street was the first time I ever had my own bedroom and I cherished it.
86. My Franklin St. house has always been my favorite because I had a kitchen and dining room and could have people over for sit down dinners.
87. I loved the Christian Life Center Apt. because it was an answer to a silly prayer I had to have an apartment above a business or store and because it had an elevator.
88. I really miss having friends like the ones I had in Evansville.
89. I pray all the time to have at least one person who I can just talk to who gets me like all of them did and who I get in that same way.
90. And who strives to know Him in an infectious way.
91. My biggest fear in life is that I will never have that again.
92. I LOVE my teaching job and am constantly amazed that God would entrust me with the lives of my students.
93. Chocolate and chicken tie for my favorite food.
94. I pray daily for God to heal my hip.
95. When I finally have two good hips my greatest desire is to go on a morning jog or run.
96. I would like to get married some day.
97. I want to do that before my Nanny dies – but she’s 83 so I doubt that will happen.
98. I am thankful that God has promised and has proven that He will never leave me even when everyone else seems to.
99. Some day I REALLY want to go sky diving.
100. I love to learn and hope I never stop doing so.
101. I really wish I had 1001 things I could write because I think it’s really hard to fit a lifetime into 101 thoughts.
102. I can't stand odd numbers.
4 comments:
Oh Hennyfair, I love reading about you!
I must admit that I think I really did know most of that stuff because you are so good at talking and sharing and expressing yourself...but I also enjoy the way you write it because I can kind of somehow SEE you saying that when I read it, which doesn't make any sense, but hey...
In #78 you meant 1999, just a typo. I remember a lot about that day, which is saying a lot since I don't have the greatest memory...
I agree 100% with #77, and am glad that you reminded me of precious Gorfy.
If you wrote 1001 things about Jenny's life, I would read it!
KT
I loved your list! Thanks for writing it!
Sigh
That was relaxing and my spirit is rejoicing. I love learning about Jenny.
That was great...and sometimes humorous too...God has blessed you in many ways...
Post a Comment